Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This is the our classroom door that my student teacher made this year.

My December bulletin board, we used "The Grinch" to teach both reading and English skills.  We ended the unit with a writing assignment "I Would make the Grinch grin by..." Didn't they turn out cute?





We read "Legend of the Poinsettia" by Tomie DePaola and finished our unit by painting these beautiful poinsettias.  I cut a petal shapes from sponges bought at the Dollar Tree.  Attached a clothes pin to the top and had my students stamp the petals in either red or pink and even mix the two.  The white spots left showing made them even better.  We finished them by tracing the flower with glue (3 dots in the center too!) and then added the gold glitter.  I think the glitter really makes them pop!  Didn't they do a great job on these?


These cute little elves are actually glyphs.  I made a pattern for the head, body, shoes, mittens, hat and the collar.  My class actually traced them and cut out the color according to their likes and dislikes.  I'm really into glyphs this year!






No comments:

Post a Comment